My Testimony for the Glory of God!
All these started on the 1st service of the year at indoor stadium. I remembered Pastor Prince said that this will be the year of acceleration. Whatever has been slow to manifest, this year its gonna be greatly accelerated! When I heard this, I immediately thought about my studies, which was my greatest need because of my strong desire to do honours but my cap was borderline. I prayed to God and believed for honours, but I was a person who doubts easily and wanted to see first before I believed. However, God sees my need for a breakthrough in my Christian walk, in my walk with him, He sees that I needed to change my mindset inwardly before I could see Him working in me. From then on. God opened His word to me more and more, revealing little revelations from the bible to me through Pastor Prince’s sermons, speaking to me in the areas that I needed help (God really answers what I wanted to know every single week! Whenever I had doubts and questions for that week, God spoke to me about it that very week!). God became more and more attractive to me (Amen! God is beautiful!), I began to hunger for his word like never before. Thank God for a good teacher like Pastor Prince, who teaches us God’s heart and made us understand our Lord better. The most impactful sermon was the one on “Live the Let go life”, Pastor Prince talked about the importance of being worry-free. He said that we must not let our hearts be troubled, and do not let it be afraid, so that the golden pipes from heaven will pour down blessings unto us. God is still blessing us all the time, not by our obedience, but by the blood-bought right of Jesus Christ. But when we worry, we squeeze the pipe and obstruct the flow of blessings. We’re like telling God “Lord I’ve got it, let go”, but God wants us to be stress-free and to let go and let Him take over. We only labour to enter the rest of God, and when we rest, Jesus takes over. Amen! This is my first greatest revelation that has steadily encouraged me through my examinations this semester. I knew I needed to rest in the Lord and not be stressed, and be COOL! I knew the favour of God was on me, and everyday before I started studying, I prayed for the Holy Spirit, my teacher, to teach me all things, I asked God for wisdom, and I asked Jesus, my Shepherd, to go forth before me and lead me, and I will follow Him. In the midst of all the struggle to rest in Him, whenever the devil tries to put worrying thoughts into my mind (I’m a person who worried a lot and usually was very stressed during exams), I declare the favour of God is on me and believing that all was done when Jesus died on the cross for me. I knew in many ways I was inadequate, I would slip into stress mode and fear what if what if…but in all ways, even if I was inadequate or lacking in any ways, in Jesus I’m made complete, and I shall not lack anything. And God said that whatever I asked for in prayer, if I believed I’ve received it, I will get it. As Cuijing said before, if it’s a miracle I need, it’s a miracle I’ll get. And hope does not disappoint, nor will I be ashamed, because we can hope big, think big, and ask big, because we have a BIG GOD! This exams I depended on the Lord more and more, and He was with me all this while.
Indeed, God has shown me tremendous, undeserved favour. I began to see all this coming, so much, so abundant blessings happening so fast, one after another, I can’t breathe! Praise God!
Firstly, it began with my UROPS. God has shown me such undeserved favour in the eyes of my supervisors, I am blessed with 2 very nice supervisors who became like my friends. There was no barrier between us, and they offered me all the help that I needed during my project. Even before I finished my UROPS project, one of them offered to be my supervisor for my honours project. But my cap was 3.49, and I needed to depend on this semester grades to determine whether I could do honours (honours need cap 3.5), meaning that I was a pending case. However, he wanted me to continue my project with him, and even rejected other ‘confirmed’ honours students just to reserve a place for me. Praise God! Such undeserved favour!
Then it was this UROPS presentation with one of the professor. This professor is well known for being very difficult with students and would drill them with questions that usually cause them to end up speechless. My supervisor warned me against him and commented that if I could come out surviving it, he would then say that I was something. On hearing that, I was of course afraid of this Prof and very worried of what might happen to me. The night before the presentation, I got so worried and stressed and kept practicing my presentation, but suddenly the Holy Spirit prompted me of the sermon. I decided to let God take over, I gave everything unto His hands, and took a leap of faith to shut down my computer and go sleep, asking God to show me favour in the eyes of this professor. Next day, my friend was the first to be ‘drilled’ by the Prof, when he came back to the lab, he was complaining to me about the questions that were being shot at him. It was my turn next, I took a deep breath, asked Jesus to go before me, and entered the room. The session turned out to be so smooth! All the questions he asked I could answer, and he was very nice to me! After everything, he commented “excellent! Don’t worry Huiwen!” I was stunned, and numbed with happiness and excitement! God is so good, Amen? Then after me another of my friend went in for her presentation and came out saying that the professor had a hard time with her. Woah…The favour and the works of God are so obvious! He has indeed shown me His Glory!
So now that my exam results are out…I gotten cap 3.69! It was a great jump from 3.49-3.69! With a never before beautiful results of 2A-, 1A, 1A+ and 1B+! All Glory to God! I never had such beautiful grades! And you know what is even more amazing? 1 week before the release of the results, on 19th May, my friend told me that I could check my cap only on the nus website, so I went to check and saw my cap. I told Cuijing and Kim about it too. However, the next day, I checked again and the cap was gone! My friends who checked the next day all could not see the cap, as if someone realized that it was released by mistake and took it down. I was initially worried, but Jeremy told me I could see it on that day only because God wants me to see it, He knows that I needed to see it. Haha, Praise God! Hallelujah! God works in mysterious ways yah? God is so good!
I hope that what I’ve shared will be an encouragement to all of you, because that same God who works such wonders for me is the same God who can do so much more for you too, all my brothers and sisters in Christ. I’m just so happy and marveling at the wonders of God, I marvel at His glorious works, and I just love to sit and enjoy His majesty and beauty! I’m so happy that I wish to share my happiness with all of you. And I thank God for my wonderful CG too, for bringing me into this place where I could learn and grow in the Lord with all of you. Thankyou for all the support, love and friendships! Praise be to God! All Glory be to God!
I’m excited about what more is to come from My God. He’s Lord Almighty, my Abba Father. All Praise and Glory be to Him!
The Lord is my shepherd
I shall not lack,
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside quiet waters,
He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness,
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
Your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
(Psalm 23)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home