Food for thoughts...
Well, I loved the movie...but sad to say, its indeed like a fairytale.
Ever since I was young, I knew what were fairytales. I had no problem of distinguishing between fairytale and reality. I knew that Santa Claus did not exist, but somehow I hoped that it did exist and I didn't mind doing silly things like writing letters to him and hanging socks on my window during Xmas, hoping in my heart that perhaps i was wrong, and that this fairytale might happen. I didn't mind waiting, and i didn't mind believing in it, and i didn't mind just trying my luck. But somehow, reality comes knocking on my door, asking me to wake up and move on with life.
I remeber that my friend once told me that she loves watching korean and taiwan love dramas because it allows her to escape from reality for a moment and enter into a world of love and fairytale, where love and romance existed, where we yearned to be, and yearn to somwhow feel the same way or experience the same thing that could be too perfect for the real world.
For a few minutes or so, I don't mind either, to lie to myself and live in denial, in a fairytale world of my own, just to get in touch with what we truly desire deep down inside us. Although I am skeptical about the existence of such fairytale love and happy endings, but deep down, I hoped that one day, something could move me to tears. I could read about love, watch about love, listen to love and tear easily, but I have never teared in real life because i have never experienced something that moving in real life, it never occured to me it could happen in real life.
Perhaps one day I'll give up waiting when its time....

2 Comments:
I love this entry about the movie... though I never watch it before... but love the way you type your 'reviews'... : )
Love and lost is better than not love at all....
Post a Comment
<< Home