Monday, September 22, 2008

Rock-climbing at Yishun Safra

Went to take my Level One Certification for rock-climbing at Yishun Safra yesterday with Lionel, who was also interested in trying out a new sport. haha, and it was really fun. I think I may like rock-climbing as a sport, and may go back to try conquering their rock-walls again. Being the belayer is tiring job though, although the climber will also be tired as it requires a lot of arm strength to scale the walls. Actaully i think that rock-climbing is also about strategy, where to place your hands and legs for max stability, how to change foot to get better footing on the rocks, how to jump to next rock, how to communicate with your belayer to help you advance up the right way, sometimes your belayer can help you climb up easier.You have to plan every step you take, so its really fun and challenging! I like! haha. End of the day, we tried climbing four walls, our hands are all red and sore. But still, one word, shiok!










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home