Monday, January 01, 2007

I saw a miracle on the first day of 2007!

On our way home after dinner with my parents, my eyes caught something very beautiful in the sky...it was a double rainbow!! Very beautiful, very beautiful...I was awe-struck! My parents and I stood there taking pictures with our camera phone, and the longer we stood there admiring the beauty, the more attention we got from passer-bys, who all started taking out their phones to take a picture of this. Not that I've not seen rainbows before..but this is the first time I saw two of them together, and they're huge! not the distant, small and faint coloured ones I saw last time, The rainbows are big, like they're very near to us, so brightly coloured and contrasting against the darkening evening sky.

I suddenly realised what this means...rainbows are signs of God's love for us,signs of victory, His face smiling at us and his favour is upon us. Then rainbow represents His promises towards us, telling us that He remembers His promises to us, and He loves us very much! and on this very first day of 2007! God has revealed His glory to me, and His love towards me and my family.

For all this is written In the bible, the story of Noah's ark. When the flood receeded, God put a rainbow in the sky as a sign of the convenant He made with Noah and all living creatures on this earth. In Genesis 9: 8-17. v12 " And God said," This is the sign of the convenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a convenant for all generations to come; v13: I have set my RAINBOW in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the convenant between me and the earth. v14: whenever I bring clouds over the earth and rainbow appears in the clouds, v15: I will remember my convenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind."

The rainbow comes after rain, the rainbow comes after every storm or dark period in our lives, know that God remembers His convenant towards you, and it's His way of expressing His love for us, telling us that He loves us. Isn't God wonderful, isn't He the sweetest person you can ever know? I'm so sure now, because He just revealed to me and reassured me, that 2007 will be a great year ahead........

More about a rainbow (Science) at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home