Crabbing and Frogging session
After that, me and Jiahui went to help Nigel with catching frogs at Neeson. Before that we had dinner at Casuarina's prata stall...and we ordered so much food that the auntie beside us was shocked! haha..oh the durian prata was soo good! The durian meat inside the prata was thick and succulent, covered by the layer of thin crispy hot prata..Yummy! Then, satisifed, we went into the jungles to catch frogs. Armed with our headlights and plastic bigs, we scanned the really dark forest and freshwater streams for eye reflections of the frogs. Nigel caught 2 frogs, while we spotted quite a few more species of frogs. I was amazed by the speed and distance they jump! But on the whole, I enjoyed this day, because I learnt many new things about frog catching, experienced walking in the dark jungles illuminated only by the distant skylight, enjoyed the nice scenery of the coastal view of Malaysia during the lowtide (I shall remember to take photos of the beautiful lowtide scenery of the mangroves, something which I did not notice until Ben pointed out how beautiful the mangroves can be, overlooking to the vast open ocean with some patches of mudflat in the distant horizon illuminted by the setting sun), now someone has taught me to appreciate the mangroves...hehe. Its a really fun and fulfulling day!
Thanks to Jiahui for her great company and enthusiasm.. Ben for his damn good crab catching skills...and Nigel for attracting the crabs to him (haha! crab attractor), driving us around, for helping me in the lab even though it was 11plus already and sending us home..hehe...Thankyou!

1 Comments:
no worries... too bad this friday i've lab session!!!.... no crab catching for me...
Post a Comment
<< Home