Mars Vs Venus
Something I shared with Liling recently about friendships. Liling is someone who's also very tolerant of me, and she's always so patient and understanding whenever i'm late when we meet up...haha...I love talking to her, even when she's busy making BIG money now, whenever we have the chance to meet up, we still have lots to talk about...just like the good old days.
Anyways, I was telling her something new I've learnt from my church leader....and that is being a true friend to someone is being able to have a BIG HEART towards that person. And what does having a Big Heart means? It means that when you love your friend, you love them for who they are, and out of love, when you bless them and do many things for them, you shouldn't expect the same kind of treatment in return. It means that you should not impose on this friendship because imposing on it will stress the friendship and cause unhappiness and undue distress on both parties when your friend is unable to meet your expectations. So if you truely love them, love them because you have a BIG HEART, give your love and do not expect anything in return. Forgive them when they fall short, and always be there for them.
For OUR FATHER in heaven sees these and is pleased with you, because we're people who have experienced the love of God, so abundantly that we're able to love others not like the world does. U know, i find it so true, sometimes when my frens reply my smses slow or when they disappoint me or piss me of with their inefficiency or attitude, or when they do not return the same kind of care n concern, i get all upset over this. Yes, I'm a perfectionist and I like things to go as I've planned, I want the same kind of care n concern in return... but this is my own character and I should not impose the same expectations from my frens, because they all function differently. They're all special in a certain way, and they also face different challenges at that point of time. God brought us together to compliment our characters, isn't that the most wonderful thing in a friendship? To understand, love and build each other up? And to know that your frens still love you although they may express it in a different way.
Cheers.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home