Saturday, May 26, 2007

A love testimony...

I got back my results yesterday...and I want to shout out in joy!

U know, I had this module called 'Computational Finance" which I took not because I like it, but because it seems easy to score and the time table fits and is quite slack. I took the easy way out although I know I have completely no talent in Finance work, no matter how easy it may seem. I knew at that time I did not have the inner peace within me..but I did not obey the inner prompting and went on ahead with my choice.

Thruout the semester, the module seemed easy and I tried to undertsand it, but then things started to turn bad...

Because this module is non-examinable, i had to do well for all 4 CAs (class tests) to do well in this module. But the first two tests, I failed terribly. Failed plus lower end somemore. I thought maybe is I did not study that hard, so for the next two, I knew I had to pass both with high marks to at least secure a pass in this module. After the 3rd and 4th tests, i knew I had given my best to study, but still I did not know how to do most of the questions and just tried my best to complete the paper. On comparing answers later, i realsied I got many wrong. I panicked! Fear just came crushing down on me, it was so overwhelming...I broke down and cried. My supervisor and my lab mates saw it, and they were very worried abt me. They comforted me, asking me not to worry or think so much because honours thesis submission is just around the corner. They asked me to forget abt this and concentrate on the important things...But I was so fearful, fearing that I might fail (high chance) this module and not be able to graduate, and being left behind when everyone leaves the sch. I was sooo depressed, I could not do anything. Jerm accompanied me home in a cab, and I just kept thinking "what if...what if....".

Then the Lord spoke to me...and directed me to read the bible and call Cui...Cui comforted me and prayed for me, and I started to read the bible and listen to sermons related to my worry. I kept reading...drowning myself with the word, and keeping in mind the promises that God made to me in the bible.

God said to me, " So i say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find: knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives;he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." (Luke 11:9), "For i know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and i WILL listen to you" (Jeremiah 29:11). "Since you are precious and honoured in my sight, and because i love you, i will give men in exchange for you...Do not be afraid, for I am with you. When you pass thru the waters, I WILL BE WITH YOU. When you pass thru the rivers, they will not sweep over you, when you walk thru fire, you will not be burned, For I AM the Lord, your God." (Isaiah 43: 2-5). So "Wait, my daughter, until you find out what happens, For the man will not rest until the matter is settled today" (Ruth 3:18). And so one whole day I spent with the Lord, who's love and promises comforted me and drove out all fear. i knew when I prayed for a miracle, and believed, God has already done it for me because Jesus died to give me all these blessings and priviledges, so that I may live a victorious life! From that one day spent with the Lord, I threw all things aside, and i gave Him all my burdens, for I know He loves me and is willing and able to carry it for me. That one day, I regained my peace and am not afraid anymore. I rested in my Lord, and am confident that He will never disappoint those who hope in Him. The devil has lost his foothold and failed to make me lose my peace, for I have emerged victorious because the battle is the Lord's.

Such sweet victory...I got a C for this module. I was elated, I asked God for a pass, But HE gave me an even better grade! God is good, Amen! He gives us more than what we desire and asked for. At first, when I knew I flunked all my tests, I had no chance of passing, even the module coordinator told me it might be risky for me. But I believed in the power of the Lord and His favour upon me. I may be undeserving, but when I rest knowing that He's working this matter for me, I passed with a good grade. God is for me, nothing can be against me. Even when I make mistakes and get myself into deep shit, He comes to pick me up and set me on high, and He backs me up in all situations. God gave us the power of the tongue and the power of visualization. So speak forth your blessings and visualise (my graduation and my career) the good to come, and He will make it come to pass. All glory be to Jesus! All glory be to God!

I got an A- for my honours thesis as well, Glory be to God! He makes all things beautiful in its time.
I also got an A- for my other level 4 module. I thought I had crapped through the whole paper..haha. I climbed from CAP 2.9 to 3.8 as of today, from no honours to honours, I am indeed blessed.

Lord, let me be a testimony to others, to let them see Your Glory and Your wonder in me, that you are MY GOD, and you who love me, also love them all. All glory be to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home